Friday 2 January 2015

Iron Warriors Command Squad, 77th Grand Battalion

 Macca here, today I have my 77th Grand Battalion Command Squad. These guys were a blast to build and paint. The theory behind them, is that these are all assholes who are just waiting for the opportunity to stab their commander in the back and take command for themselves. Presenting, the Dirty not-quite-half Dozen.

The design here was simple, unique individuals, so uniquely armed, as well as keeping the hazard stripes to a minimum. As I mentioned on the Tormentor project, these are Iron Warriors, not Hazard Warriors, so I kept the hazards to their weapons, the banner, or to the chest armour if I couldn't place them on a weapon. This means overall that the warriors remain mostly silver and bronze-gold. The bases are simple sands, as they are fighting on Paramar, and if I tooled them up with metal decking and mechanicum-themed bases, it would be silver and urban overload. Yuck.


There's "Lumberjack."

"Ash, from Housewares"

"Wolverine"

"Hellboy"

"Eric Banner"

Of course, the banner is a work of love and simplicity. I didn't want to clutter it, so I kept it simple. This is one of those annoying cases where the model looks terrible in the photo, so my apologies.


Banner on top of the Tormentor? Sure, why not?

So, first post of the New Year, thanks for dropping in,

Macca

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I love the naming theme, minimalist hazards zre a definite way forward i must admit..... Id better get practicing if i intend on IW in summer when my salamaders should be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. Originally the saw was Buzzsaw, but nobody got the Running Man reference, so I renamed him. Salamanders are interesting to paint at least. My last Legion force was Raven Guard, and they were painful to paint as they were just black on black on black.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers, but the photo doesn't do it justice and I keep wincing every time I see it, but I can't be bothered to clean the camera lens properly and set up a new photo, so this will do haha.

      Glad you like it and thanks for the comment.

      Delete